Sunday 31 August 2008

Sunday Sleuths..

Doing the Sunday crosswords as usual, I was glad of the fact that the crossword I do which is the Mail Magazine one was quite easy today, and I did it quickly without using the crossword machine. My machine has gone caput pretty totally, and you can't make out the words any more, I think it is ready for a replacement. We completed all the xwords really fast today,there weren't any hard or tricky ones.
VT went off to get a few bits and pieces and I did a bit of surfing,we made a sourdough oatmeal bread before he went, but a big mistake.
Had a gorgeous starter going, really fizzy and bubbly, and put the ingredients in the machine. Then VT said I think the paddle isn't up, so he fished around in the machine and put that right,then pressed start and off it went. I came down later on expecting the dough to be ready and it wasn't !!! What was up?? VT came home and said "What's burning?" the bread was baking!!!
We haven't done that in this machine. It has made quite a nice loaf, but a rubbish shape,I much prefer the proper loaf shape from our tin. Ah well..it will get eaten.
Did the roast vegetables, and got the pizza dough going so had a fruitfulday.
Bit rainy today, and people on the website have been writing about fog down south particularly, so very mixed today.
Tonight we are having:
Our Pizza with our dough, and
Salad with avocado, baby plum tomatoes and other bits and pieces.

No comments: