Saturday 31 January 2009

Friday and Saturday....

For some reason I forgot to do the blog yesterday (Friday). Don't know why I must have thought I had done it. Ah well..Senior Moment!
We took my money off to ASDA yesterday to do the weekend shopping. It is supposed to be the cheapest shop, but I still end up spending more there than anywhere! Mind you the wine at three bottles for £10 is good value, I bought three bottles of Arniston Bay white which I really like, and it is usually £4.60 a bottle. There seemed to be bargains oll over the store just shouting at me too, like packets of cheese sauce we use for 20p instead of 39p. So I got a few of those. I do think it is a cheap shop, but not keen on the clothing, I prefer the things I get from QVC. VT had to jump out of bed yesterday to get the postman, because I had a parcel from them. It is a really nice set done by Quacker factory which is a blue gingham shirt with Irises on the front, and a matching vest with an Iris in the centre. Very pretty and will be lovely for the summer. Very pleased with that. They do have some nice things actually but rather too tempting!
Last night we had:
Fishless fingers, with Chips!
Mushy peas for VT and green beans and carrots for Moi.
Tartare sauce and a baked tomato.

Saturday..
Not a lot doing this morning. We are doing the bedding and will put the new Goose Down Quilt on the bed later. The weather is supposed to be getting very cold this weekend so it will be a good test. Since it was over £100 it had better be good. We need some new bedding now, so will need another visit to the Dunelm Mill store to see what they have. A lot of bedding is very pale and wishy washy in colour, we tend to go for a stronger colour now. But, the bedding we have at the moment will have to do.
VT has gone off on one of his mooches, to Maghull I think. He has gone for fuel, and for washing tablets. We forgot those yesterday.
Tonight we are having:
Green Thai curry, with reduced fat coconut milk and mushrooms,
A packet of basmati rice between us,
Mushroom stir fry done with Fry Light.

No comments: