Tuesday 30 April 2019

Kidnapped Again!!

Went for a routine podiatry appointment on the Thursday before Easter and they wouldn't let me go. My foot was red and swollen and the ulcer unerneath was infectedso they thought it best to get me in to treat with IV antibiotics. So back on ward 21 as usual, with friendly faces to greet me. Ten days later and my consultant let me home yesterday with oral antibiotics three capsules a time four times a day. Who's rattling then?
The worst thing was that a few days before the podiatry I had a fall in the bedroom and hit my front against the edge of the bed which is wooden, so movement is very difficult. I did have an x-ray on my chest while in Aintree and do have a fractured sternum  so that explains why it is so painful. Nothing to do for it though just wait for it to heal about seven to ten weeks!! What a pain!
Vin has been wonderful, visiting every dayand organising what I needed, bringing the papers and sandwiches to keep me going. What a star!Of course the parking and the petrol has gone up, so have the mileage on his car, but I should get some money from Medicash so will use that to offset that a bit. 
Nice greeting from Jessie when I got home,just about raised her head! Typical. What a character!
Who are you again?

No comments: