Monday 11 February 2008

What A Week !!!

The main reason why I haven't been using the blog for the past week is because I have joined the estimated 3,ooo,ooo who have had the Noro Virus. A proper one.. not a pretend one. Horrible it was too..really horrible. Now am feeling weak but getting there slowly. Good way to kick the healthy eating plan though I have lost about 8lbs!!! although that is mostly water apparently, and will probably go back on.
Eaten nothing much for about a week except digestive biscuits and isotonic drinks which were very refreshing. Then on Sunday The Sainted VT asked me if there was anything I fancied, and he brought nme up ...
The Most Perferct Poached Egg.. It was, without doubt one of the most gorgeous things I have ever had. Beautifully cooked..sitting on an English Muffin..and when my knife cut into it the yolk just blobbed beautifully onto the toast. The top speckled with a touch of salt and ground black pepper...God..it was fantastic. I will remember that for years...
VT has been an utter saint..he really has. He has made a lovely loaf of bread today, one of the packet mixes and he has done a really good job of it. So the house at the moment is smelling quite nice all warm and cosy and bready. People talk about "rocks" but I've got the best. God love him.
Tonight he is doing:
A pasta dish with some seeds oof change organic pasta, and some tomatoes and some half fat cheese grated over the top. Just simple and tasty I think.

No comments: