Thursday 28 August 2008

In and Out..

I stayed in today, did a little bit of boring ironing this morning, and just mooched about a bit. VT was trying to sort his car out. We were coming home from shopping on Monday and the window on my side stopped working. the motor was running but the window wouldn't go up or down. the other day VT undid the door frame inside and sorted out what it was, so this morning he rang a car firm he uses but they told him to go to a Toyota garage. The nearest one is in Bootle, so he decided to go there after his lunch. He's just rung up to say that he has ordered the part and it will arrive on Saturday morning. So that is done. It will be about £50!! not cheap these car parts are they.
Then just as I put the phone down the doorbell rang and it was my new shoes by Hotter. I ordered a lovely pair of sandals from them in their sale, but when they arrived they didn't firt my silly foot with its missing toe! The foot kept slipping out of the end, so I sent them back and reordered a pair of winter shoes instead. black with a strap over the foot, and they are really comfortable, and I am pleased with them won't be sending them back. I have a pair of black shoes I bought from M&S simply ages and ages ago, and they are very much on their last legs so have been looking for a replacement for a long while now. With my foot being the way it is, it makes a reeal difference actually. Anyway these are great.
Last night in the end we had pasta parcels from the freezer, with goats cheese and caramelised onion, a spinach and ricotta sauce, and mixed vegetables. Absolutely delicious and like a bistro meal.
Tonight we are having:
Lamb grills..Quorn ones,
Gravy with mushrooms gently fried,
Beans and any other vegetables that need using up,
Baby potatoes possibly squashed.
Tasty and lightish.

No comments: