Tuesday 12 August 2008

Parcels and Post..

No post today actually which is quite unusual really. We rarely go a day without getting something, but the postman didn't come up the path today. But, we did get two deliveries of parcels. One was some bath essence I ordered from QVC, very nice..Lemon Verbena..smells gorgeous, and makes a good unisex bath treat. Looking forward to my next bath with that. The other delivery was a pair of shoes I ordered from Hotter shoes. VT got a Sale catalogue a bit ago and I ordered a pair of sandals in the sale. They came this morning, and I really did like them. Extremely comfortable, but....not having five toes makes a big difference to my foot, and I have been having shoe trouble. The toe that is missing is the one next to the little toe on my right foot, and this was where the straps on the sandals went. Consequently, the toes go over the top edge of the shoe on these sandals. So, sadly I have had to return them. I have ordered another pair though but this time a pair of proper shoes for the Autumn and Winter. Hope these fit.
VT has been doing some Hoovering by his side of the bed, and came into here saying hold out your hand and shut your eyes. He handed me a pearl earring I had lost many moons ago. I was really sad about it since they were a lovely little leverback pair of golden pearl earrings, and I thought it had gone for good, since we had a really good look for it but nothing had turned up. Just shows you, everything turns up eventually.
Tonight we are having:
Pasta with a sauce and vegetables. I have some Asparagus, tenderstem Brocolli and peas,
A little garlic bread, and a bit of parmesan cheese.

No comments: