Thursday 29 October 2015

Out..To days on the run!!!

Didn't have time to come on here yesterday because events meant we were out for the afternoon. Vin rang the District nurses in the morning because no-one had turned up from the podiatry service as expected and we wanted to know what was agoing on. It was over a week since my foot was dressed and I didn't want to leave it any longer. Anyway the only slot they had available was at ten to four at Maghull health centre..so that was where we went. Very nice podiatrist there did my dressing and said he would come out on Friday morning to do it again.We offered to go there but he said that he was on calls then anyway so he would come to us.Ok then...
Today we took my eight tootsies and my Delta frame off to Dobbies for a bit of an outing. Very enjoyable too. We had a look round lots of Christmas things, bought some for the Christmas box upstairs and a few things for presents.then went for a coffee. I thought we were using our free vouchers for the month but Vin said we didn't have any for October so he treated us to our coffees. I had a lovely large capuccinno and he had a large latte and we shared a shortbread biscuit It was actually quite busy but a large enough place to get round. Just as well since I am still learning how to get around with the wheels!! HaHa.  Home for a soup and toast lunch and eventually up here for a mooch. Lovely to get out though I might add. 
 Very big surprise yesterday. The doorbell went at lunchtime and on the doorstep was a delivery of these from a florist in Waterloo. A most gorgeous arrangement of flowers in a lovely white pot. From Ann and John and Janet, Tony and the Australia mob. How unexpected and such a lovely thought. I was thrilled to bits that they should do that. What a treat..Bless them
The one thing that surprised me going out today was just how Autumnal everywhere is since I was last outside. being in a hospital room/ ward you lose all sense of time passing really, the colours all lovely this year, it was just nice to drive in amongst them. Leaves falling everywhere .
.Me and my beloved before the trouble of the last two months. What a star XXXX

No comments: