Monday 26 October 2015

Here I amAgain!

Well here I am again indeed. Eight weeks in hospital, and home a weekend. To be honest it is just lovely to be home and enjoying the peace a quiet and doing normal things.
Suppose i should change the name of the blog to Jenny Eight Toes now since I am one toe down on each foot now.. save a bit on the toe nailo varnish though :) 
Vin insisted that I went to a walk in centre on August Bank Holiday Sunday with a swollen toe and foot and they wouldn't do it and said it needed to be seen by A&E so off we went to Aintree. 2 weeks there and they decided to toe had to go but couldn't do it there so sent me to The Royal Liverpool where I was for 31/2 weeks including 6 days in HDU unit. Back on ward 8Y then back to Aintree for a further 2 weeks on the rehab ward 35 for a final 2 weeks. A bit of a haul but we got there. Now home wwith a Zimmer frame for inside and a Delta frame for outdoors..lucky me!!!
Vin has been a star! What a trouper, visiting twice a day every day apart from one when we had new carpet fitted on the hall stairts and landing Hooray!! The parking has been horrendous, £7 a day in The Royal, and £3.50 in Aintree so a lot of my money gone on that, plus all of the other extras that were needed. It was so lovely to see him each day that really perked me up es[pecially some days that were worse than others..generally the weekends. Yesterday we did our crosswords by the fire and read the Sunday papers..Lovely.
Can't believe the Autumnal colours, driving home on Friday the trees all golden and loeaves falling remi9nds me of our holidays in New England..Oh to be there amidst the pumpkins and the gorgeous scenery.
Vin had his pizza and salad for tea last night and I had a really nice little poached egg on toast just nice and simple and a real change from the hospital food which was dire in Aintree it has to be said..not much choice for vegetarians. Most days I ended up with egg sandwiches or mac/cheese or a jacket potato with cheese. Being a veggie there isn't easy at all.  Oh well at lest I wasn't paying for it! The food wastage though must be incredible, but that is another matter. 
So to live another day! Will visit again tomorrow.









No comments: