Thursday 7 April 2011

A Nothing Day...

Do we all have them? Nothing Days..when you just do nothing at all, and nothing happens at all?
Today was one of those in this house for me anyway. We got up late to start with, which didn't matter as we hadn't planned to go anywhere,late breakfast, so late everything else as well..doeswn't matter one bit.
Nice day outside..looks sunny, but VT went out to do a bit of sorting out in the garden and he said he sat on the chair for a bit and it was freezing. Doesn't bother the cats though they have nice furry coats.
He spent the morning sorting through all the pile of magazines in the middle room. I buy a number every week, and do the puzzles in them, I enjoy that, and he reads the odd story. To be honest, most of them are "minging" as Jane would say, and I can't be bothered with a lot of them. Variations on a theme. So I cherry pick but do like the puzzles. Only won a couple of things though, £1000 once which we put towards an American holiday, and a hamper of cheese and wine once. The wine is good Australian stuff, the cheese was VERY stinky french stuff. I can still smell it now!
Lovely long bubble bath this afternoon with my book and Yankee candles..what a treat.
Tonight we are having:
Not sure exactly,
use up some potatoes from the pack,
Something from the freezer,
A bag of cabbage and leek steamed and lightly sauteed.

No comments: