Friday 8 April 2011

Spring is Sprung!!

Very definitely the weather today is lovely. The sun is shining and all the trees and shrubs and hedges are showing a good green now. Some of the blossom trees are just beautiful.Bobby, who is our sun baby cat is outside sunbathing in the garden. She loves the sun and will stay out there for hours. Rusty will go out, but she is more of an indoor cat really..depends where VT is, because she follows him.
We got up and got going this morning, and went into Southport to the ASDA there. Car park was quite busy, but you can always park nearby. We didn't want to go the other way into Aintree, because of the Aintree races, which are extremely popular. It's ladies day there, and all the would be wags are out in force.They have a competition for the best dressed lady, and they can win a car, so they are all there in their posh frocks and hats..it's a hoot.All television eyes are on Colleen Rooney or (Mrs Thug) to see what she is wearing. As if anyone cares. What is it with the obsession for what the celebrities are wearing. I note in the paper today Sam Cam on holiday in Malaga,we get every detail of her clothing..boring.
Today, jenny was wearing a blouse in soft raspberry, with navy trousers, all her bling jewellery, and a silver parka style coat, bought last year from Bon marche in their sales.
I actually put my thinner coat on today for the first time this year..makes a change.
Had a good look round ASDA, terrible clothing range there, I never see anything that I would like to buy..all made in China, and so thin you can almost see through the material. Did buy a book though, 9th something or other by james Patterson. I do like the murder club books, and he always writes in short paragraphs which is great for reading at night. I always come out of Asda feeling that I have got good value for money, and the final bill never seems to be as much as I was expecting. We bought a book..£3.96 a £4 jar of Nescafe black gold and a trolley full of things and it was £50 odd pounds. Not bad. stocked up quite a bit too.
The census man has just called, but ours is in the post..they must be chasing people up.
Tonight we are having:
The new Quorn fish style fingers.
Chips
Mushy peas for VT and green beans for moi
tartare sauce.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny - there was one comment from you today when I logged on which I published before I wrote my post. Like you trying to enjoy the sunshine and I am wearing today an old tatty pair of jeans, an old bonmarche pink jumper and on my feet are an old pair of brown jellies :))) don't think I would make any headlines lol Yes, it's been a busy but an enjoyable week and by the time I get home in the evening and sorted house and people out - my brain has turned to mush and I can't think or write - hence leaving blog until today. Now off for another cuppa - take care, Judyx

Anonymous said...

Oh yes friend has been told that they don't think she's got bowel cancer but chrones disease; however, another friend is still waiting to hear from Barts hospital about his op on his prostrate..thanks for asking. Judyx