Wednesday 2 November 2011

Isn't It A long Day When...

You get up early!! We had set the alarms because i had a Dentist's appointment at 9.30. Not a long journey, he is only two doors down, but the funny thing is that it is often that one that you are in a rush for. The cat woke me up about sixish, I think it was Rusty, balancing on my hip.Anyway it got us going. Vin went down for our coffees, I have a tiny little cup and he has a mug full.
Went in for my appointment which was a filling so I had to have my gum numbed. Funny how it affects you, it was a back tooth and the numbing was my back jaw, my tongue and lip.I was supposed to have two done, one either side but he decided to do one as it would be too uncomfortable to do both, so its back at the end of november for the next one.
While I was in the Dentist, Vin went to get his haircut in Formby. he said he wasn't waiting if there was a queue,and there was a bit of a one, so he went to another he knows. There was a bigger queue there though so he went back to the first one. I got back first at about ten past ten and he came back around twenty past.
He decided to do some more work on his loft, and did the rest of the first layer of insulation. He also wanted to get the old tank down which was a bit of a palaver..(I love that word) Didn't work the first time, so he went for Plan B. He said he realised that the ladder was in the way, so when that was moved the tank dropped down.

Quite abig size to get through a smallish loft hole!! Well done Vin !!
The original cause of the problems was a leak in the front bedroom ceiling, which the plumber thought was the ball valve. It wasn't..which was when vin decided to do the replacement job of a new cold water tank and the pipework. Anyhow as it happens, when he eventually got the tank outside, he said there was a crack in the bottom right hand corner of the tank, so it was that which was causing the leak.
So all that was a good morning's work for him.
Quite cold and blowy today, neither of the cats have been out much, they certainly aren't stupid cats aren't.
Forgot to say that Vin found a bit of woodworm at the top of the loft hatch, which he says will need a bit of treatment. he decided against going to get it because he says that if it's been there for thirty years another day isn't going to matter!! Funny!!!
Tonight we are having:
Pasta bake with mushrooms and tomato and mascarpone sauce.
A bit of garlic bread and a bit of parmesan,
A few carrots to go with it.

No comments: