Thursday 13 December 2012

An Outing!!!

I actually went out today..other than to keep a hospital appointment! My hair has been growing longer and more straggle by the day, so it was a necessity really to go and get it done. Went off to the hairdressers I usually go to, explained that I was pressed for time and just wanted a cut quickly. Had a new girl today since the one I always had has left and gone somewhere else..story of my life that is..The very first one I had who was a mobile one left to go to University to do radiography, then I found a new hairdressers in Formby and a new girl. She left to look after her baby..then my last one just left..so I am on Emma mark two. Very nice she was too, and she has done a good cut as well. I wanted something that I could just run a comb through next week...and she has done just the job. Half the price I usually pay and half the time also. Great!!
Vin picked me up, and we nipped up the bypass to the Ince Blundell garden centre just quickly to get a holly wreath for the front door. Looks a treat now..I love holly wreaths.
That was enough for the day. came home for a quick cup of coffee and Vin went off to Tesco to get some stuff, we had run out of veg. He went armed with his list, and also got some things for me for next week..like a little tube of toothpaste etc., Goodness knows what you need to take in..it's a bit of a new experience really.
He was home for lunch then the doorbell rung. It was a neighbour of ours who is now a single mum and very capable, but she had a problem with her doorknob to her front door. The man had been to renew it, but had cut the spindle too short and it wouldn't work, and he couldn't be contacted. Typical!! So she asked if Vin could help. he is terrific at fixing things so went off to do it for her. He cut the spindle to the right size..job done. Well done Vin. he says he is going to take up a trade as a handyman!!
So, plenty on today..Christmas card now beginning to come through, I'm glad we did ours the other day.
Tonight we are having:
Something from the freezer, with a mushroom sauce
Mashed potato
Carrots and green beans.










No comments: