Tuesday 22 January 2013

Gallivanting!!!

Out yesterday and today. No prizes for guessing where either. both visits were to Aintree hospital for appointments on consecutived ays unfortunately. Yesterday was a real problem parking for poor Vin, and he ended up in a car park miles away from where the appointment was.  I had to see the Stoma nurse because the thing was causing a bit of a problem which she sorted out with a pair of scissors and a bit of deft cutting!  The district nurse came yesterday too in the morning and because my appointment was at the wound clinic today they haven't been but will come tomorrow. This was a follow up from the day I went after the nurse had removed the staples, but they were pleased with the progress and I don't need the a follow up appt. so that's good.
When we came out of the hospital and Vin had picked me up., we went to M&S in Aintree for a cup of coffee. he said later from his diary that the last time I had been out was around the second of June which was a trip to the hearing aid centre and ASDA in Southport. Unbelievably I haven't been out anywhere except for hospital appointments!!!!
So our coffee upstairs in M&S was a real treat. Ir was a lovely cup of coffee too and I found a sofa at the far end so it was really nice. We also had a look round the food hall as well and got some veggies and other bits and bobs.  I wonder what it felt like for Vin to have me around again? he is used to going round with his list and a basketetc.,
Still snow on the ground lying on the fields but the roads round here anyway are fine.
Tonight we are having:
Escalope with potato croquettes
Mixed veggies
Mushroom sauce.












No comments: