Thursday 31 January 2013

Ring! Ring!

At long last I have moved into the 21st C., Bought a mobile phone! it is actually quite natty and is a flip top style but with easy to see buttons and a big screen. It has all sorts of features including a camera!  I got it from Tesco direct and had it delivered to my local store in Formby. Email came to say that it was ready for delivery today a day early, so we got it on the way to Dobbies this mjorning. It cost £40 and you get a £10 top up free. Then Vin set it up for me and registered it and you get another £20 free !!! EXCELLENT.  Really pleased with the looks of it, at least it doesn't look antwacky I think even Jane would be a bit impressed. It isn't one of those smart phones , didn't want one of those but it does look good enough. At least now I can contact Vin from the hospital which can only be a good thing when we are in appointments. We certainly could have done with it a few weeks ago when poor Vin had to walk miles for the parking and I was finished so early.
Today we went to Dobbies this morning for our January coffee, just got those in. Vin had a Latte and I had a black one..lovely. Bought a candle too a Yankee candle for £10 on offer. I haven't been to Dobbies since May last year, so we are turning the corner.
We won a DVD last week from a magazine called Red Dwarf something or other, a type we don't watch anyway, so Vin put it on Amazon this morning for sale. Well...this afternoon I got an email to say it had been bought! That was quick!! So he has printed off the label and has posted that off. Well done Vin, we will get about £8.50 for it which is better than having a DVD sitting around doing nothing.
So another good day today, no District Nurses today, someone is coming tomorrow.
Tonight we are having:
Mushrooms
Small new potatoes with herbs and butter
Something from the freezer.

No comments: