Friday 4 January 2013

Hello Again!!

Well here I am again, a bit worse for wear and poked and prodded to bits with holes all over my body, but we survived. Turned out to be quite a big op., and I am now the possessor of a Stoma bag, a real life one, not a practice one like I had before the op.
The nursing staff were fantastic., both on the ward I eventually got to, and the Critical Care unit where I spent a few days. They greet everything with humour, kindness and care., and now the District nurses are superb. lovely friendly girls. Everyone we have come into contact with has been terrific.
Vin has been an absolute star..What a man!! visited me twice every day, wouldn't hear of not turning up. Brought me little sandwiches and all sorts of bits to keep me going. The hospital food I do have to say was terrible, great plate fulls of food, so you lifted the lid of the plate and it just put you off. nice ice cream though!! even though by the time you got it it was milk soup.:)
Lovely to be home again, but we have had a few trips back to Aintree for bits of treatment. Out yesterday and the day before but not out today which is nice, just the district nurse visit.
Lovely to see the little cats again, Rusty is keeping guard on me most nights, Just get back to a bit of normallity really.
So, my blog.. a bit of an absense  with quite a lot happening over the last few weeks. Christmas was cancelled, poor Vin didn't get a Christmas dinner this year, jane wasn't interested which was a shame. She did do a bit of visiting which was nice though.

No comments: