Wednesday 16 October 2013

Lovely Autumnal Weather..Well No !!

No it isn't like this today at all! Wish it was..and I wish we were in New England obn a lovely tour/drive holiday. here today it is pouring down with rain..blowing a gale and as dark as the hobs of Hell.. In other words it is an absolutely horrible day.
Didn't start off too promisingly when I had a phone call at breakfast time from the District nurse at Thornton, telling me that the hospital had been in touch to come and do my Aranesp injections. Since I have been doing these for years without any problems, I said I wasn't happy about that because they were quite busy enough without an extra unnecessary one to visit. She said she would ring the G,P. surgery and get back to me. Which she did, and they don't have an appointment for tomorrow but to ring for one for next week.  What a terrible waste of NHS time when I can do them myself perfectly well. Suppose I need to get in touch with the Consultants secretary and check whether it is necessary. I'll do that tomorrow.
We had planned to go to Dobbies today, have a bit of a look round and get our coffees for the month which we did. just about to leave the house and the Heavens opened. Terrible rainstorm, but we went anyway. had a good look round, bought a few things and a very enjoyable coffee. Quite busy there actually, and Christmas stuff everywhere but nothing that I fancied. Massive numbers of Christmas trees with lights that would drive you mad. Some quite nice ones though, although we have enough.  Home via Waitrose where Vin ran in and got our pasties for Friday and some butternut squash for tonight.
Tonight we are having:
Pasta with a four cheese sauce,
A bit of garlic bread for Vin
butternut squash and asparagus and mushrooms















No comments: