Friday 16 November 2007

Friday Shopday..

If it's friday it must be a shopday. We decided to give our money to ASDA today, so we spread our money about a bit! Went to the Southport one, so had a cup of coffee at the Range store first. They do a surprisingly good and large cup of coffee, but no biscuits maybe we should take our own ha ha..
Nearly bought a diamond pendant from ASDA today, in fact I would have but there was no-one at the jewellery counter. So they lost out. I have a very favourite pair of diamond earrings that VT bought me some years ago when we were going on holiday to New England, he bought me them at the airport and I love them. Need something diamondy to wear them with to match. Sorry I didn't go back now. Got a mini statement this morning and both my pensions have gone in, the staate one and the teachers one so my bank balance is looking more healthy than it has ever done. I never had this much money when I was working anyway, was always in the red, now I have pots of money, and buy what I want. Lovely!!
VT has bought a digibox from ASDA, he won a premium bond so has spent that on it. He has put it in the bedroom for now, and I must say that it has a very good reception. Just been watching the news on it, excellent.
Did a load of shopping, got all the weekend stuff, and a good bargain in wine with Baanrock reserve Chardonnay at 3 bottles for £10 so I got 6 bottles of that. Should be £8 a bottle so a great saving there and a really nice wine.
Tonight we are having:
Shepherds Pie, with Quorn Mince,
Mashed Potato topping, with cauliflower,
Broccolli.
Haven't done a Shepherds Pie for ages so that will make a change.

Still wish I had bought that pendant now boo hoo!!

No comments: