Wednesday 16 December 2009

Grey and Drizzly..

Not beautiful white snowflakes like on all the Christmas adverts!! We went over to Ormskirk this morning for a bit of a look round, and there was a market on. Not a lovely Christmas market but the ordinary one which is usually on a Thursday. The stalls looked grey and quite forlorn in the drizzle, not like the Bath market!! Not many people buying either, maybe the rain putting people off.
I changed a top I had bought in Bon Marche last week. Didn't like it on when I got home.. Got a new jumper which is lovely...and...got £4 back because it was in the sale!! so did better in the end. Then went into Superdrug to get a new lippy, and saw a lip balm that I was running out of so got those, and the assistant said the make-up items were 3for 2 so I got a mascara as well, so one of the items was free. I like bargains!
VT was looking at blogs last night..the ones that come after mine on here, and some of them are amazing. A lot of them American women, and they lead such interesting lives. Makes you feel very inadequate. One of them mentioned a site they use there called ETSY.com which is a site used for selling and buying craft items. Some really gorgeous fantastic quilts etc. I must have another browse.
I had a parcel delivered this morning from QVC..VT had to run down to answer the doorbell, and it turned out that it was a big box with a heavy chain in it from Butler and Wilson. Totally not what I ordered at all. I wouldn't be seen dead in it.
Jane rang us up last night, she said that she has ordered a parcel to be delivered between five and seven tonight. it is a joint present for Christmas, wonder what it is? Bless her. She is at work today, selling lots of tickets for twickenham she said.
Actually, as I type this the doorbell went and VT said it had arrived!
What a fantastic surprise..it was a delivery from ASDA with lovely treats for Christmas! Double Bless her. There was Wine for both of us, little tins of whisky for VTMarmite nuts, Veggie chilli with rice, Garlic olives,some lovely flavoured truckles of sheeses, and even..cat mmilk for the cats and a cat toy! What a wonderful present. So thoughtful.Made me feel quite emotional.

I love my babyXXXXX
Tonight we are having:
Pasta with
Asparagus, green beans and peas, and mushrooms
Spinach and Ricotta sauce.

No comments: