Thursday 17 December 2009

Shorn the Sheep!!

No funny parcels today to wake us up,so we were left to lie in a bit. I woke up really early because the cats suddenly decidid to have a run round the bed. One ended up on my hip..wobbling..and the other ended up round my head on the pillow, purring like an engine. Thing is ...you don't move them. Sometimes you turn over so you don't get the whisker torture, but you leave them where they want to go. We must take a picture of them both one day, not that they get together very often. They did sit in the middle room nose together the other day, but that is very unusual. They have never been what you might call close.
Vt nipped out to Formby this morning to get his hair cut. Came back a bit later for his coffee because he said it was too busy, and he hates waiting. Then he decided to go back again and have another go. This time success. But, he came back talking about the woman who cut it. She wouldn't stop talking, and he was in a hurry. Nice hairdo though.
I have rung up my hairdressers for an appointment this morning too. Made one for 10 0'clock,Tuesday. My hair is a mess at the moment and needs tidying up. I think that when I was ill a few weeks ago it has really affected my hair and it is so lifeless. Maybe a nice cut and blow will help.
VT has just come up to say the BA strike is now off because of the High Court ruling, and it is snowing in London.Apparently we are due for a cold snap. Wonder if it will be a White Christmas.
I had an invitation for today, to a celebration mass at my old school, a celebration dinner (£30) and a disco and buffet at the Village hotel. Declined the invitation, problems getting there and I don't really do social occasions. One of the difficulties of having a hearing problem is that you struggle in a social context. VT does quite a lot of interpreting for me, for which I am ever grateful, and I'm not good in a crowd. Still I hope everyone has a good time.
Tonight we are having:
Something out of the freezer
With Baked little potatoes
green beans and the rest of the mushrooms.

No comments: