Monday 5 March 2012

Bright and Sunny..

Lovely day today but cold still. We went off to crosby this morning to get our stuff for the week. Vin went off to get a free Wispa bar from Martins courtesy of the Daily Express, very nice of them, and I started round Sainsburys.
Flowers first, I like my flowers, just got a bunch of not very inspiring carnations, but at least the keep well.Then round the veggies, trying today not to get too many, otherwise we have a fridge full by the end of the week. It's a bit like a corner shop for us this one, at least you know where everything is. Got all our things, then came home for coffee.
Parcel arrived with the earrings that I had ordered, our next door neighbour had taken it in for me. Nice too, to go with the collar necklace I had bought from butler and Wilson. Scanned all the shopping, and Vin brought the coal in from his car that we had got from the garden centre.
Thought my Kindle cover would have come today, but it hadn't, tracked my order and it hasn't been dispatched yet. The Kindle itself came extremely quickly, ordered it mid afternoon one day and it was here mid morning the next. really enjoying using it too, I am reading "Before I go To Sleep" which is proving to be an excellent read better than struggling with a small print paperback anyway.I love it actually, and it is really easy to use.
This afternoon Vin packed a "Survival" parcel for jane. he is going to send it via the next day delivery service, because she is in on Wednesday morning so he'kll post it tomorrow. We have sent her..Some cash..i save £1 coins in little tubes so have around £50, there is also an ASDA card with £60 on it for her shopping.
Then some treats..a box of Maltesers,a pouch of new posh coffee, which Vin says she won't appreciate, A cuddly monkey I spotted in M&S..she likes monkeys!and some more of the special Biros that she got me to order for her. nice little parcel altogether.Hope she enjoys it.
Jane has just rung up actually, and said she has got her holidays through, so should be hom,e at easter for a bit which will be nice. Not sure the cats will like that though, they rather like her bed!
Tonight we are having:
Cheese and broccoli escalope,
Little baked potatoes
Mushroom sauce and mixed vegetables.

No comments: