Thursday 11 October 2012

An Outing!!!

Oooh how exciting..not!! it was yet another hospital appointment for a blood test. got a phone call yesterday to go for a blood test at Aintree Ward 20, so we duly went at 11 o'clock. Vin spotted a parking space right outside the back door which was really lucky since the parking is terrible. Went uup in the lifts..when we eventually found them to the ward.. and were put into a waiting room to..well..wait! Quite a while later a nurse came and took me to another ward where she took my blood and I had a little talk with a very nice dietician who was from Australia. Sydney actually. She spent ages writing down everything that I ate during the day, and came to the conclusion that I was doing all the right things anyway, and knew all about potassium, so I then went back to join Vin in the little waiting room again. .2 Hours later she came back to say that my results were fine and I could go!!!!!
Home for a well deserved lunch. Poor Vin. He does all the driving, waits without complaining and drives me home again. What a star!!
Quite wet today, and not a nice day at all cleared up a bit now but blowy and quite cold. Mind, I'm always cold.
No phone messages and a few letters all for Vin.Oh what an exciting life we do lead. I did notice that it is becoming quite Autumnal now with the trees turning lovely shades of autumn hues.Fields are still very wet, and the farmers are having terrible difficulties getting their crops harvested apparently. Vin said there was a notice in tesco the other day to say that the potatoes were affected by the weather so were in short supply.
Tonight we are having:
Something from the freezer
Potatoes sliced and fried in fry light
The remaining veggies that we have left
Mushrooms

No comments: