Monday 4 November 2013

A little tragedy..

I know in the greater scheme of things it isn't that important but it is to me. This little fellow has been in our garden since I retired from school in 2000. I love him..his smiling face always looks out at me from the extension window and when we are sitting in the garden.
Well, Saturday we had terrible gale force winds and storms, and Sunday morning Vin gave me the bad news that he had been blown over in the gale. Apparently he had been lifted off his feet and blown right away even though he is perched in a reasonably protected corner. His arm has broken off. Completely come off at the side. My lovely husband saw it on Saturday night but didn't tell me in case it would upset me before going to bed. I am really upset actually. I just love that little fellow, but he says he will try his best to fix him. Bless him XXXX
Today (Monday) started badly. Couldn't get going at all. Sat on the bed for about ten minutes trying to get a pair of earrings in my ears and gave up in the end. Just couldn't get going. I decided that we would go to Waitrose for our veggies today, thinking that we would get our free coffees there for a change. Vin definitely wasn't keen!!  grumbled about not finding his card and wasn't bothered. But, there were a couple of things i wanted to get from there, and we didn't have vouchers for anywhere else so it was there in the end.
Got all our veggies, must admit I do like their veg, they seem to have a better selection than enywhere else, then we decided to leave our trolley by the cafe and went for our coffees. Pleasantly surprised that they were really nice. All it cost us was a pack of biscuits at 84p. I had a regular black and Vin had a latte. Lovely.
Went to put our groceries through, and the girl said had we got our paper, we hadn't because we didn't know we got one, so he chose a guardian!! Proper little leftie!!!
Home to scan the shopping, and the Heavens opened. An absolute downpour, sleety stuff, and really horrible.
Tonight we are having:
Pizza from last night,
green salad with avocado and baby plum tomatoes
potato salad for moi and sweet chilli noodle salad for Vin.
















No comments: