Friday 1 November 2013

Ear ! Ear!

Today revolved around an appointment at the Hearin Aid Centre in Southport. it was for a quarter to twelve so ate into the morning a bit. Didn't help that it was pouring down which made the morning grey and miserable.
Fortunately, just as we were about to leave the house, quite literally, the doorbell went and it was the courier with my coat from kaleidoscope. must admit I'm very impressed with them, it was a first order, and I did have a few hiccups along the way because I ordered a size bigger than I actually needed because I thought it looked fitted on the catalogue. It was actually way too big..my fault because I still think I'm that size but I am not any longer. So sent it back by the same courier, and tried to arrange another in the right size. out of stock! But... unlike other firms where you have to wait ages for more stock, they gor some in within a few days.  I was sent an email from their customer services dept., to say they had reordered another in the right size at the earlier discount price. Excellent..Well done kaleidoscope.
So I'm well happy.
Off to Southport in the rain got there dead on time and parked in Sainsbury's over the road. VERY quick appointment..he cleaned my aids, said they were ok and make another appointment for six months which will be may next year.
GOT A FEW BITS FROM sAINSBURY'S AND THEN WENT TO dOBBIES TO HAVE A COFFEE. vIN HAD PACKED A FLASK SO WE DIDN'T ACTUALLY GO INSIDE. Don't know why the printing has gone large and I aint typing it again!!
Left there, and I suggested that we went into Tesco on the way back to get the weekend things which would save Vin going tomorrow. got it all except the potato salad which they had loads of but the sell by date was tomorrow! no good.
Home for lunch and all done.
Tonight we are having:
Cheese and nion pasties from Waitrose,
A few green beans for moi and mushrooms for Vin.
Clotted cream rice puddings.

No comments: