Thursday 8 February 2018

My Big Christmas Present!

When I was about ten, I got for Christmas the one thing I wanted which was a Pelham Puppet of Lettice Leefe. She was a character from the big "Girl" comic at the time, and that was my want list for christmas. I loved that puppet and played with her for ages. Since i was a good girl with my things i always kept her in good condition so we still have the box and the original tissue paper that she came in. Also all of the paper work how to untangle the strings etc., not that I ever did!  It says inside you can send them back for re-stringing for the princely sum of 2/6p.  We have seen  them for sale on Antique shows and some of them fetch quite a sum. In fact Vin was looking online and one exactly the same as mine was sold at Bonhams for £500 ! Just shows you, keep something long enough and it is worth something!
We have stopped in today, except that vin nipped over to the garden centre at ladygreen to get a cake for our afternoon coffee with Countdown. He had said that we didn't have any cake and whilst we only have a small piece it is a bit of a treat. He came back with a cherry cake. Goody my favourite. 
Haven't heard from our Jane, she is probably still sleeping! However, I do hope that she has had her hair cut!! It was right over her eyes and does look lovely when it has been done. 
Little Jessie has been in her hut a lot during the last few days, keeping  warm we think. she also spends a lot of time in her basket, which is nearest to her daddy so she is happy! 
Somebody's favourite girl!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such a pretty head of lettuce. Fitting for a vegetarian to love her so dearly. Enjoy your precious puppet, Thanks for sharing your story.