Friday 12 December 2008

My Purple Period!!

I seem to be going through a purple period at the moment. i wonder if it is to do with the poem "When I grow old I shall wear Purple". I bought a purple coat in Street last week, but it is a lighter one for the Spring, and I have been looking for a thicker one for the cold weather. Went into Ormskirk to do the shopping this morning and the Bon Marche shop were having a 25% off everything over £20. I saw a lovely light purple coat to replace my Wintry one I have had for years and is a bit shabby now. 25% off and the Vat off as well. Not bad.
We had a good look round the town centre, went into Woolies, but there didn't seem to be any real bargains to me. Got a few things in Superdrug, and M&S and had a nice cup of coffee in our usual little cafe. Nice to be normal again.
Then we went to Morrisons. We had a £50 card which we wanted to spend, and in the end we spent £72! Got a lot of things for Christmas, 6 bottles of wine, and other bits and pieces.Quite a lot of different coffees, well a girl can't have too much coffee.
--Countdown!!! We have to say a word about Countdown. Today it is Carol Vorderman's last Countdown after 26 years! The channel has treated her disgracefully, and it is a real shame that she is going. Des O'Connor is going too but he has only done two years so not in the same league. Since the story broke that she was leaving and the various reasons for the decision, she has behaved with dignity and good humour and she will be truly missed. I can't imsginr Countdown without her. it just about survived without Richard Whiteley but I'm not so sure about Carol. It really won't be the same.

Tonight we are having:
Delia Smiths Egg and Madras curry,
Rice
Tomato and red onion cacumber,
Poppadum and banana.

No comments: