Wednesday 24 December 2008

"Twas the Night Before Christmas"

And everything is organised! Got all of the food things, wrpped the present, cleared up and that's it. Done.
Jane rang up and sounded a bit more cheerful today, she said maybe the new tablets were working.She was babysitting some cakes that Rachel had left her in charge of, and she rang up to see what they should be like when they are done! I hope they are OK for Rachel's sake.
Christmas Eve and it is very quiet actually, another couple of firms in trouble, it has been a dreadful year for retail firms, with Woolworths being the worst. That will leave a lot of gaps on High Streets in Great Britain. Not to say a lot of people without jobs for the New Year.
VT went next door to check on the ginger cat's food bowl and he said he saw a ginger blob on the path, so he opened the door and it shot in! it was out all last night so at least it is in for Christmas. Aaaah.
Started a lovely book last night. A Maeve Binchy, called "This year it will be Different". It is a real Christmas book about different families at Christmas. About relationships and situations at this time of the year. A perfect read for now. I love Maeve Binchy she always writes a good book. I saved this one so I could read it over Christmas and I'm glad I did. I love my books have always read a lot, and it is a joy to read one like this.
Tonight we are having:
pasta with a Spinach and Ricotta sauce,
Roasted Butternut Squash and Asparagus,
A little bit of Garlic Bread.

No comments: