Wednesday 29 September 2010

Another Appointment!

Poor VT, he does the Chauffeur bit really well. This morning I had an appointment at the Ormerod Hearing Aid clinic. This was for the six monthly checkup and service. He did a hearing test today since I haven't had one for about two years now, and it seems the hearing is stable which is quite good news anyway.
I have two in the ear aids bought five years ago for £3.750 pounds!! then there was an extended warranty for £400 two years after I bought them. I have always put up with being deaf, but it is quite difficult sometimes and in certain situations. For exampl;e I go to quite a lot of hospital appointments for various clinics, and it is amazing just how many doctors talk to their computers. So you ask them to speak up because I'm deaf so they start shouting! You'd think they would teach them at medical school! Anyway he said the ones I have are fine and he didn't push new ones so we came home £23 poorer after buying batteries and baskets.
We had parked in Sainsburys over the road, so we nipped in there to get the cats their chicken..then we went to Dobbies for our free coffee since it was on our way back. VT is brilliant at finding his way round the streets of Southport, which are a minefield actually.
Had a lovely coffee..VT had one voucher for a free one which meant we had to buy one only, and on the way in I saw an advert for a Hazelnut Latte for Autumn, so I said get one I'll treat you. When he came to find me. he said the coffee was free because the lad couldn't work it on the till..so that pleased him no end. He does love a bargain my VT. Had a bit of a look round, and noticed they are beginning to put the Christmas stuff out! but only bought a pack of shortbread biscuits, and came home. Stopped at Waitrose on the way back because VT wanted a copy of GQ magazine which he had a voucher for (of course) then home for lunch.
The little cats greeted us at the door..isn't it lovely the way your animals greet you when you come home...not a bit of it..what are they after? their chicken of course.
Green bin tomorrow so VT has cleared out the barrel in the front garden, which has completely overgrown this year, and put some leaves in as well. They are beginning to fall with a real vengeance, and are covering the pavements at the moment. Quite early I think this year. VT has been downloading some of our pictures from our last New England trip and that has made us quite broody for another trip..hopefully next year.

Look at this for Autumn colour! Just gorgeous.
Tonight we are having:
Quorn fillets in tomato and olive sauce,
Either 4oz of rice or pasta
Stir fry mushroom vegetables.

No comments: