Monday 6 September 2010

Return To Waitrose...

When I opened the avocado for last night's tea, I found that it was really "manky". Fortunately, I had bought a double pack, so I opened that one too instead. The pity was, that was "manky" too!! a double pack of horrible avocadoes. So our meal was avocado less. VT said we would take them back today, which is what we did. Car park was really quiet, maybe because the kids are back at school this week, and we parked right outside. VT went in, and came out a few minutes later with £4. The avocadoes were £1.99 and apparently they give a double refund, which I didn't know.
We didn't do any more shopping there, and went over to Tesco.
Got all our weekly veggies from there today, and some other bits and bobs that they sell.Home in time for our coffee just before lunch.
The weather is really blowy today, the trees are going like mad at the back of the house, and it is quite cool too. The papers are saying that Autumn is on its way, and I can believe that, I think I shall be putting my sandals away soon, certainly my thin jacket. I was frozen walking round Tescos, certainly in the chilled foods aisle.
Tonight we are having:
Chicken style pie (Quorn)
Sliced sauteed potatoes,
Chanterey carrots and green beans,
Mushroom sauce.

No comments: