Thursday 2 September 2010

Indian Summer..

Absolutely typical. Today dawned bright and sunny and lovely and warm. Quite a lot of schoolchildren have gone back today, and we have the weather that we should have had in August.
We went into Crosby this morning because VT had to take his car in for its MOT. He left the car in the garage and we had a mooch about the village. Not a huge lot to look at actually, but I did get a few things I wanted at Superdrug and Home and Bargains. Why is it that when you are stood at a checkout, other peoples shopping always looks more interesting than your own. The girl in front of me had some tins of coconut milk only 49p which is a good deal. We went to Cost a Coffee for a break and to waste time really (in a very pleasant way) We had a small Americano each which came in a big cup..I wish you could get child size cups sometimes they are too big for me. It was really busy but we got a table easily. I was saying to VT, if we won a load on the Lottery, I would have a big coffee machine like theirs built into a coffee alcove with one or two booths to sit in. That woulod be quite nice I think. That would be in a house like the Barefioot Contessas in an area like hers too. Dream on Jenny!!
Went and got his car to find that it had not passed, it has a hole in the exhaust, so will need a new exhaust system. He is ringing them up as I type this to arrange it for next week. I did have an appointment arranged for next week at Fazackerley, but that has been cancelled by them, so next week is clear now.
Tonight we are having:
Sausages in Toad in the hole.
Mixed vegetables
Madeira wine gravy.

No comments: