Wednesday 1 September 2010

Hares and Rabbits..

Again, another month creeps up on us. The papers said that August was the wettest month for seventeen years, and I can well believe that. The last two or three days, have been really nice, and it is lovely and sunny today. Typical since the kids go back to school during this week. The weather always warms up for when it is time to go back to school. I remember it well!
VT has spent most of the day titivating his car up, ready for its MOT tomorrow. He has put new wipers and lights and other bits on it because he says these are things that it would fail on. That seems to have come round so quickly, can't believe iot has been a year since the last one.He has just come in, and said he is going to sit outside with a cooling drink now.
I suppose all of the back to school things will be going away in the shops, and the Halloween stuff will be coming out now, followed by the Christmas stock pretty soon. I bet there are some bargains in the Garden centres now after the wet summer.
On one of the websites I look at, there was a thread about favourite things. I think one of my favourite things is my Mums rolling pin. It was given to her as a wedding present about 1925. it is a really good wood, quite long with with two small knobs/handles at each end. I can imagine her using it, especially to make her apple pies. I was never able to make as good an apple pie as she did! VT uses it every Sunday to roll out his pizza it's a good length for that.
Clearly we didn't go out today, and tomorrow is his MOT day so it will be Friday before we get anywhere this week. Not sure where yet though.
Just broken a nail Darn it! Why is it that you just get your nails looking nice and then you break one?Ah well, file it down and do a quick repair.
Tonight we are having:
Sausage Rolls..with Quorn,
Small tin of spaghetti hoops
Sliced fried potatoes,
Baked tomatoes and mushrooms.

No comments: