Friday 27 April 2012

Killing Two birds With One Stone....

As the saying goes... A couple of days ago I got a phone call from the Aintree Hospitals, about my appointment on Monday.This is the clinic that are always changing appointments or delaying them! Anyway, it seems that they are overbooked for Monday morning, and so my consultantwas holding a special clinic this morning (Friday) and the woman was asking me if I would mind putting my appointment forward to today at 9.40. So i said yes, and we decided thaat we could then go to the Walton Sainsburys up the road, so killing two birds with one stone so to speak. Somehow your body clock wakes up specially early if you know you have to get up..strange that, and in any case there was a cat sitting on my hip from quite dark in the morning. So we were ut early, and were at the hospital for 9.20. Parking today wasn't bad, usually you have to go round and round the multi storey, but we got a space on the second floor fairly quickly.Got to the clinic, weighed..the same..blood pressured..not bad..sample given in..that's ok..and then sat down to wait. often you have to wait for ages, but he called me in in a few minutes. it seems that my kidney function is stable..keep on with the same medications,forget the tablert that doesn't agree with one of the others and my next visit might be a "Virtual clinic " one. This is a new innovation, where a patient who is stable, sensible and isn't showing any problems can be contacted by phone by a nurse who will discuss procedures with you. The next visit after that would be a hospital one. it appears that I am an ideal candidate for that. Well if it saves waiting around in clinics..that's fine. Said my goodbyes to the Head Honcho, and left to get our weekend stuff. At least the Virtual Clinic would save £2.50 parking fees all the time! off to Sainsburys..got there by ten thirty..we are usually just leaving the house at that time!Got most of what we needed..just a few odd things Vin will get tomorrow, and we were sitting in the car park having a lovely cup of coffee by twelve. It's an awful long day though when you get up so early.! So that's it for another six months or so. All I have to do now is go for a medication review at the GPs next week sometime. I hate those..really hate them..and try to put them off for as long as possible, but the note on the bottom of the prescription repeat form is getting bigger now and more threatening! Ah well..bite the bullet as they say. Tonight we are having: Fishless fingers, baked tomatoes green beans for Moi and mushy peas for Vin Our fortnightly treat of chips! 200 grms.

No comments: