Monday 23 April 2012

Takes a Bit of getting used To...

But we will get there one day. just that it isn't what I am used to and as I think I have already written..Me no like change!! Monday already, and St. George's day too. April 23rd...not that you would notice anywhere. Seems to me that a fuss is made of St. Patrick's and St. David's Day but nothing for the English Patron Saint. Shocking. Also the day when The Great bard was born and Died, unusual that to be born and die on the same date. Also the day when my Dad died too, many years ago now, of bladder cancer. R.I.P.my lovely Dad XXXX Today we went to Formby to get our usual things for the week. Very quiet actually, and we parked right outside QWaitrose. Had a quick whizz round then home for coffee a bit later.They do have some nice veggies there I do have to say, a bit dearer than elsewhere. Well, a lot dearer actually, but you get the quality. Just tried to put a picture up of my orchid which is flowering again, but has had a bit of an accident when I knocked her off the table. Vin taped the stem for me, and it is still going, I think it is now in its fourth flowering. What a bargain it has proved to be, much better than a bunch of flowers. Tonight we are having: Escalope of some sort, mixed vegetables from Waitrose..chanterey carrots and baby broccoli, baby jersey Royals, baked mushroom sauce.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sure today you have been thinking of happy memories associated with your father :) I got a orchid for my birthday and, so far, it is still alive - which is extrememly good for me! There have been a few St.George's Day celebrations around our way but the weather hasn't been too helpful - rain, rain and more rain.
Enjoy your evening.