Thursday 3 May 2012

Very Pleasant..

We had decided to go out today somewhere. I think Vin wanted to give his car a runanyway, sowe decided on a trip to the bigM&S over at Aintree. It actually turned out to be a very pleasant trip. The roads were quiet, and the car park had loads of spaces which is very unusual for there! I had a mooch round the store, and Vin went off to Halfords because there were a few things he wanted for his car.I bought myself another pair of slippers because my current pair were lethal.Then had a look at wrapping papers so we can get Ann's parcel posted asap, and treated Vin to a big container of Woodspice talc which is lovely. Coffee bar upstairs was really quiet. so much so that we actualy got one of the sofa seats, so spent a nice 1/2 hour with our coffee and chat. Lots of young mums with babies, seems to be a sort of mums and babies place. Had a look at the foods section and bought ourselves a few treats then home for lunch. Stopped off and voted on the way past the village hall, so done our duty. Vin has gone off to Altcar to get something for his car, and the cats are with me in the middle room. Finished a book on the Kindle last night, and vin was reading something else so started another one. it's called "The Knitting circle" by Ann Hood. It has started really beautifully, one of those books yu know you are going to enjoy every word of. Put me in mind of my very lovely Mum who was a terrific knitter. She always had a garment on the go, and could knit anything. Fair isle sweaters, Aran sweaters, and jumpers with the most intricate of patterns. there used to be a wool shop over the road from us and she had an account there so would always be on the look out for something new to work on. One jumper i particularly remember when I was very young, had a plain back, but the front was the story of Cinderella all done in pictures. The clock, the slipper, the ugly sisters and the coach, everything. Was a work of art really. I think she really missed her knitting when her eyesight got bad, and she couldn't read the patterns. Vin's sister berys was a very talented knitter too. She made some absolutely gorgeous things for jane when she was small, some of the baaby things were just beautiful. She wouldn't just knit the little coat, there would be little mittens and a hat to go with it as well. I think I am going to enjoy this book a lot. Just in the middle of typing this and the blasted computer goes"Goodbye" so I thought that all my blog would disappear. Luckily it didn't i don't think I would have the patience to do it all again. Tonight we are having: Cheesey kievs Squashed Jersey Royals Mixed vegetables.

No comments: