Monday 5 November 2012

Bonfire night...

Monday and it is bonfire Night proper. There was a firework display last Saturday night in the Hotel park area. very loud and at one stage you could really feel the noise through the floorboards.  The little cats didn't seem too bothered actually, Bobby slept throughout it all, and Rusty wasn't worried this year. We locked the cat flap though just in case. Don't know whether there will be any tonight, I suspect that most people aren't bothering because of the cost of them. Gone are the days when you would get a good box for a fiver!
Big parcel arrived this morning from M&S..I do have to say that they are an excellent firm to deal with, I only ordered my things late last week and they are here today. Very good. I treated myself to a new handbag, a proper ladies one with two handles to carry, in a lovely shade of pink..a dark shade so not garish. It will make a nice change from the one that I have been using for a long while now. Also got some dangly soft toys  a reindeer and a snowman. One of the reindeers I will send to John and Ann as a bit of fun for Christmas.
No bonfire night food tonight..we used to have baked potatoes etc but we are just having normal stuff tonight.
Tonight we are ahving:
Remaining Pizza with mushroom and extra cheese
Egg and potato salad with avocado
Potato salad for moi and rice salad for Vin.

No comments: