Tuesday 27 November 2012

Light at the end of the Tunnel!

At long last! We went yesterday to Aintree to see the Consultant Anaesthetist and have a pre op assessment session. My appointment was for 1.30 and we left at around fourish. Vin had to leave me at the front entrance whie he went to park the car, and I tried to find my way to the correct place. That hospital is a maze of corridors, and I stupid woman that I am missed my turn and in the event vin got there before me!! typical..he enjoyed that!
Saw the consultant who explained things and asked a lot of questions, took my blood pressure and told me what she would be doing. Quite involved with an epidural etc., i just want it all done now. Then I had to see a pre op nurse..a nice young man called Michael who asked me even more questions filled in a four page sheet with answers, and took my blood pressure again! He wrote down my medications as well as the consultant too. Vin and I were laughing about that..every single time you see a nurse or a cionsultant they write down the list of your medications..why on earth don't they put them up on the screen and just ask if you have any changes..He explained even more things and gave me two booklets to go through and digest.
he passed me on to another nursey who did my weight..(gone down) blood pressure (again) and then an ECG.. Then I was done we could go home. All I have to do now is wait for a date.
Finished the letter to John and Ann off today so will try and get that posted off tomorrow. We have to stop in tomorrow anyway because we are getting a delivery of coal and there is a big pile of bedding to be ironed. Oooh how exciting!
Vin took my money off to Tesco this morning mainly because we had a £4 off £40 voucher which is a good reason to use them. He got loads of things we needed and some for stocking up as well, came back with two great big bags. very well done Vin XXX10/10. He went for a haircut this morning too so killed two birds with one stone so to speak.
Tonight we are having:
gruyere cheese escalope
Baby potatoes baked in the oven
Mixed vegetables
White sauce and mushrooms.

No comments: