Thursday 7 March 2013

Another Day In..

I had an appointment..yes another one! for a phone call from a Dr from our surgery this morning at 11.15. So, couldn't really go anywhere. I had to ring the surgery at 11.15 so I did a few minutes later to be told that  he was with his last patient and leave it about fifteen minutes. Anyway he rang me at around twenty to twelve to say that the results of my blood test from the diabetic clinic showed a higher cholesterol level than they liked so try increasing the tablet I was on for that by double. Oooh what a pain! that is the bumbling person from the clinic that I saw last Monday...least said about that visit the better!!
While i was waiting for the phone call I started doing the pile of ironing that was looking at me..all the bedding from yesterday, and a pile of clothing also. Very boring but has to be done. Wonder how we used to manage before I retired?
Vin went off to Waitrose to get some veggies because we had niothing on the shelf/veg rack. Last night we ended up with a simple pasta bake which was very tasty in the end, actually. He got the pasties for tomorrow and some egg peaching pouches too for moi to try. I love a poached egg and have great difficulty getting them right without the yolk becoming too hard. These are like little tea bags for want of a better description, and you are supposed to get the perfect poached egg.
Very cloudy and overcast today, not a nice day at all actually, not like the beginning of the week.  Nowhere to go tomorrow so maybe a gentle little outing somewhere. Vin says we haven't had a coffee out this week which is true. We are slipping!!
Tonight we are having:
Escalope with gruyere cheese
Mixed vegetables with a mushroom sauce
Potato Croquettes

No comments: