Friday 1 March 2013

My last Visit...

From the District nurses today. Two came this morning one the proper one and one a student. They did my dressing, at least the student did very well, the the one in charge said that i could probably go to one of the "treatment" rooms that they have in a variety of clinicsin the area. Maghull, Waterloo Formby etc., so I said that the Formby one would be good since it is only ten minutes up the road. So she rang them up and i have an appointment for five past two on Tuesday. The advantage of that is that we know the time instead of waiting around, and also it means I am off their lists too, which is good for them. These women have been really good actually. Since the first one came on New Years Day to take out my staples they have been regular visitors ever since and it is March the first today. They started with daily visits for a few weeks, then every other day for a few weeks, then twice a week, and now I am off to the treatment rooms in Formby. Good progress eh!
My other bit of news today was that I got a letter from America this morning. I had corresponded with a woman who was in Fazackerley hospital at the same time that I was having Jane, and we had kept in touch. Latterly it had been news in a note or letter at Christmas, but it was nice to hear how her daughter was getting on. Anyhow today's letter brought the sad news that she had died, very suddenly really from Pancreatic cancer in August 2011.  it sounded extremely quick only a few months from diagnosis to her passing. her husband and family must be devastated. It's a terrible disease, and that is one of the worst types. What a shock for them.R.I.P. Eileen XXX
Vin went off to tesco as soon as the nurses had been this morning, and came back quite quickly with the things for the weekend. Great shopper he is now. he is good at getting the best value. Well done Vin XX
Tonight we are having:
Fishless fingers
Chips 200 grms
 Mushy peas for vin and green beans for moi
tartare sauce.













No comments: