Tuesday 12 March 2013

Costa!!

Nothing much doing today until my appointment at the Formby clinic for my dressing change. That was twenty to twelve, so we planned to go and get the shopping afterwards. Short and sweet in the treatment room, the wound is nearly closed now so she just put some iodine on it to finish it off and made another appointment for next Tuesday at 9.25.
From there we went to Tesco to get the veggies etc. They have a new Costa coffee section in store so I treated us to a coffee. Really lovely section with comfy sofas , tables and chairs. When you are in there you wouldn't know it was part of Tesco at all. Vin had a soya latte medium and I had an Americano small, and we shared some ginger biscuits. We had a really nice sit and chat. Very impressed, wouldn't go every time we went to Tesco, but nice for a treat. £5.55 for the coffees and biscuits so it is a treat too, but I don't care.
Then went round and got the items on his list for the week, and a few extras and home by 1.30ish. Must admit I was getting a bit tired by the time I had walked round the store and back to the car. Must take longer to get back to normal than I thought. My aim is to get to The Cheshire Oaks, but certainly not yet while it is so cold!
 No post today either but my parcel of soap and hand cream did come from QVC.  A few things coming in the post this week, might come tomorrow.
Extremely cold today, with a biting wind, snow last night with people stranded in their cars down South, but it was light here. Mostly gone by this morning, just bits lying at the side of the roads and in the shade.
Tonight we are having:
lemon and black pepper escalopes
Bread sauce and cranberry sauce,
Mixed vegetables
Potatoes in a herb butter.

No comments: