Monday 25 March 2013

Change of Plan...

We were expecting Jane home today for a few days, but she rang up this morning to say that she had a lot of things to do so couldn't make it today. Whilst that is a shame, I don't want her getting stressed so it is better for her to have a breather at home than spend a day travelling here and there. I have put some money on her ASDA card for her to use this week for shopping, so did that this morning.
Vin decided to do the cooker hood this morning since there was a change of plan. He collected it the other day from Homebase and was waiting for a free day to do it, so it was a good chance I suppose. He took the old one off, cleaned the front wood panel, and the back of where it had been fixed, then fitted the new one up. I think he thought I was in the way..which I was really...so I came upstairs and started a letter to John and Ann. Must admit I was surprised at lunchtime to go down and find that it was fitted.  Gosh the things that man can do. Amazing! He really should have gone further with his education, pity he didn't pass the 11+ he definitely should have gone to grammar school. It's sliding doors really isn't it..the finger of fate maybe. he has made a terrific job of it actually, it has fitted in like a glove and looks much better than the older one because it is a silver grey colour and has two lights instead of one. Good job Mr Fixit!
A bit warmer today, the sun is out a bit and the snow is slowly going away here anyway. It has gone off the top of the shed roof and there are only tiny bits where the garden is in the shade.
Phew! I tried to put a picture on here of the snowy scene but the darned site wouldn't behave and everything disappeared!! Grrr.. Gosh I wish I knew more about these pesky computers than I do. Actually I was very lucky to retrieve this post. Clicked a bit here and there and got it back. So, give up now while the going is good eh!
Tonight we are having:
Pizza from last night,
Potato salad and Mexican rice salad
Green salad with baby plum tomatoes.and avocado.

No comments: