Monday 29 January 2018

An Odd Day!

We woke up earlyish because I had an appointment over the way at the surgery. They have been badgering me for ages and we have been putting it off but no longer.  I had to go for a blood test last week and a follow up app for a review, so Vin made it for today at 11 O'Clock. At least we didn't have to get up at some ungodly time.
We got there on time, it was a horrible Monday morning actually, drizzly and grey and the gutters at the side of the road are full of water. Vin is very good at getting the car to the edge of the kerb so that I don't get the feet wet! Bless him!

Went inside the surgery to an empty waiting room, totally empty. Not really what you expect. After a little wait the very pleasant young lady doctor came out for me. She went through my blood test results , nothing unusual there. Asked me a couple of questions nothing there  either. She did say that the cholesterol number was up and had I considered statins but we said I had been on them once and they didn't agree with me so we declined.  She then said that everything seemed to be in order so that was it really.  Goodbye for another goodness knows  how long! 
Just having my hair cut on Wednesday and that's it for this week for appointments. 
 Our Jane had an exciting Saturday. She went with a group of friends to a do called Anatomy Lab Live at a hotel in Ashton Manchester. They got a meal first  then Oh Joy ! They got to disect a load of piggy remains! Lovely. She said it was great and very well done. Glad she and her mates had a good time. 
Little Jessie woke her daddy up early, when I woke  turned over  and all I could see in the dark was a little head and two ears sticking up. looking at me.  Vin got up to feed her after a bit and disappeared for ages, and  then and then came up later with our coffee. She was in her basket he said, and stayed there till we came back from the surgery. 

What a life.  Vin has just come upstairs and said that she had let him cut two of her claws.  Wow!

No comments: