Monday 7 May 2018

Heatwave !

Bank Holiday Monday here and it is quite hot for a change. I bet the by-pass is choked with people going to Southport for the day.  Vin went down for the papers this morning and they did not have any Expresses left so  after our breakfast he decided to go to Crosby to get one. He likes doing the general knowledge crossword in that one.  Normally he goes to Formby but  with the traffic looking dodgy he went in the other direction. 
Back for his coffee later on though. It is very hot today actually, apparently it is the hottest May bank Holiday for the last forty years so that's some going.  It's a bit sunny for me though, I prefer it cooler.  Never satisfied are we. 
Very annoyingly while I was typing this my hearing aid started pinging its little tune that shows you when the battery is running out and needs replacing.  Not having any in here I went into the bedroom and thankfully there was one in my little box. It is terrible when it starts going off because it doesn't stop till you replace it.  AND I actually managed to do it myself !!! Normally I can't do them and Vin usually ends up doing it for me. 
 Vin is out in the garden doing some weed burning and sorting out the solar lights. he reckons they aren't worth the money because they wear out too quickly. The battery ones are better. 
Little Jessie  went out for a bit this morning but not for long.  She is currently in her basket fast asleep. Vin had a bit of a fright this morning because  he looked out of the middle room window to see a black and white cat in next door's garden. He thought it was jessie, so he had to go downstairs to see if she was there. !!  Of course she was ! 
Not me I'm not going out !!

No comments: