Wednesday 12 November 2008

Books!

I love reading..I could read anything, except perhaps science fiction, and biographies, but most novels I love. The one I am reading at the moment though is so hardgoing I am almost giving up.
The Resurrectionist by James Bradley..http://www.amazon.co.uk/Resurrectionist-James-Bradley/dp/0571232760/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1226504853&sr=1-1

That does not happen very often, especially since I bought it, but it is wordy to extreme, the characters are not developing, and neither is the story. If I read the phrast "for a long moment" again, I shall throw the book out of the window! Quite how it has got through the proof reading without anyone spotting that I will never know.
Went to Ormskirk this morning for a bit of a look round, did a bit of shopping, and got a few bits, and went into W H Smiths and came out with a James Pattison book, You have been warned. Read a couple of chapters downstairs, and that will do for me especially after the book mentioned above. Much pacier.
Went past Costa Coffee where they were advertising Maple Syrup Latte's..Oh Yum and had a coffee at our little cafe at Taylors. It's a lovely little old fashioned place, where they sell good coffee, nothing fancy, and anything on toast that you could imagine. The cry goes out..Two Thick Toasts, and someone will come running! Wonderful. Full of very interesting and ordinary looking people..you know they have stories to tell.
Tonight we are having:
Pasta with Spinach and Ricotta Sauce,
A bit of garlic bread if we have any!
Green beans and dare I say it Carrots.

No comments: