Tuesday 18 November 2008

Where there's Muck there's Brass!

Wonder where that saying came from? We stayed in today and didn't go anywhere. Since we are going away next Thursday to Bath, we need to get a bit sorted. Going out tomorrow to Southport to get my hearing aids tested and hopefully a hearing test also, so needed to stay in today.
We did lots of bits and pieces. I did the shelf in the kitchen, it does get quite splashed so needs doing more than I do really. Anyway that's done. Then we did the shelves in the middle room, the mantlepiece wasn't as dusty as we were expecting but that is ready for the Christmas Decorations now. I know it's early but we put them up before we go away so they are nice when we get back.
Then after lunch we did the brasses. I can remember when I was small doing them each week with my Mum, but now they are lucky to get done every six months!! My mum would be turning over in her grave! I bought a plate thingy last year in Wells at an antiques fair. VT was very sceptical, but it does work, and cuts out all of the scrubbing and polishing. Excellent for the small things, but still have to do the copper kettle and other things by hand. Dang!
Must remember to do the brasses on the front door too..am always forgetting them, and they look nice when they are done.
Going really dark now at a quarter to five. The nights are really drawing in.
Tonight we are having:
Meatballs in Swedish style sauce,
Cranberry sauce,
Tenderstem Broccoli,
Boiled Potatoes.

No comments: