Friday 7 November 2008

Ear Ear!!

Today has been the day of the ears! We got up early because the plan was to go to the Royal Hospital in Liverpool to get my ears done. I had a hearing test booked, but the audiologist wouldn't do it until |I had my ears syringed.
The trouble is, the GPs surgery won't touch them nowadays, especially if you have perforated ear drums. So you have to get a referral letter then go to The Royal.
Now this is quite a journey, entailling going into Liverpool, and parking in the multi storey, which was easier than expected. Found the department.."M" Clinic, and sat in line waiting. About an hour later I got in, and the nurse said that the right ear was clear, but the left had hard wax that needed removing with the micro suction. They had a cancellation at 1.40 this afternoon, so we went for that. This meant of course we had to go to Walton Sainsbury's to get the shopping, have a coffee, and get back to the hospital. All done. This time there was only a little wait, and then the nurse came out, asked for names, then said youre not on my list. But she found my letter, so I went in. She put a little instrument in the ear, I heard a few crackles then it was done. Only took about five minutes!

Home, to unpack the shopping and have a tiny coffee, and mooch a bit for the afternoon.
VT really made me laugh this morning..sitting waiting for the longest time in the corridor..he said I wonder what the "M" stands for? I know perhaps it is M for MuttnJeff!! (Deaf).
He is funny. God Bless him..he does all the driving, steering me up and down stairs etc., and never moans. What a Gem! XXXXX

Tonight we are having:
Spag Bog..4oz wholemeal Spaghetti,
Quorn mince sauce with tomatoes and mushrooms,
Carrots on the side.

No comments: