Sunday 16 November 2008

What's Cookin?

The usual things on a Sunday. Today we made a Laucke loaf with Soy and Linseed. It is a strange bread to make because when it is doing it smells of putty! but it does make a lovely loaf. They are excellent bread mixes, which come from Australia, but there is nothing here to compare actually. I like the brown bread mixes but we have used all of them up and now only have a sweet one left. We can do that one with some Maple syrup and walnuts and that makes a good sandwich loaf.
We also did our Pizza dough, with the basil oil, mixed italian herbs and honey. VT puts the flour in, and I think he has done the Oatmeal flour today. We do the 5roast vegetables, and our home made tomato sauce so it is quite a home making day on a Sunday.
The crosswords weren't bad today, but the one I do in the Mail magazine proved to be a bit awkward, because one of the clues was a hymn of which I wasn't familiar I'm afraid.
Looking forward to Strictly tonight, can't wait to see if John Seargant has got through again, I hope he has, I love his dancing, and his American Smooth last night was gorgeous. That little walk away at the end was just lovely.
Tonight we are having:
Pizza with our tomato sauce,
Roast vegetables
Goat cheese,
Salad with baby tomatoes, mixed lettuce, and avocado pear,
Potato salad and rice salad.

No comments: