Friday 9 January 2009

Downhill!

No not really..just that last week we went to Waitrose for our friday stuff..this week we went to ASDA instead.
I must say that it is a cheap shop, and we got an enormous amount of items at quite reduced prices. Very good deals, like 3 bottles of wine for £10, so I got 6 of those, good wines too, like Aniston Bay which I like, both in white and red. Nescafe Parisienne for £2 a jar which we both like a lot, and assorted other items that are a lot cheaper than anywhere else. I got a full trolley's worth for £100 pounds, and we had a card with 30pounds on it so that reduced the bill a lot.
They had a lot of vegetables quite cheap and good quality too. I got a lovely little bag of baby potatoes in a herb butter for £1 and plenty of 50p bags. Compared to Waitrose I am very impressed, it is a pity it is a bit of a trek though. VT wanted to put some photos on a card but the machine in Boots was broden unfortunately, no doubt he will get them done on one of his mooches somewhere tomorrow!
Tonight we are having:
Beautiful Portobello Mushroom 89p for two gorgeous ones..
Baby potatoes in herb butter,
Cabbage and leek done with creme fraiche,

No comments: