Saturday 29 May 2010

Flipping freezing!

And it is nearly June for goodness sake. We had a couple of very nice warm days in May, and the rest has not been too clever. today it has been raining on and off, and we have discovered a small leak in the window of the extension. this is the one in the ceiling, and is over the table, so there is presently a jug to catch any drips...very elegant. The rain is doing some good though, and everywhere is greening up nicely. No wonder the british spend so much time talking about the weather.
VT went out this morning for his usual mooch about, and rang up to say he had found a book that I had been looking for in the Roy Castle shop. it is called "The Return" by victoria hislop. I read her last book, which was wonderful, and this looks very good. It's a big thick book, and will give me a lot of reading. A bargain for £1.30. He has been looking for that for me for ages, and finally found a copy.
My OPI things came this afternoon via the courier woman who usually brings the QVC parcels that dn't come by post. It is a little box of treasures, and contains loads of items in the baby sizes which are great for travel. Some lovely shades of varnishes. I can feel a manicure coming on. Certainly my toes need doing...purple I think.
Tonight we are having :
Delia Smiths egg and Spinach curry
rice 1/2 a packet,
Stir fry vegetables.

No comments: