Thursday 27 May 2010

Garden Centres..

Gosh how they have changed! VT has joined two this year..one over the bypass from us, about five minutes away across a busy main road from Liverpool to Southport, and the other nearer to Southport, and about twenty minutes away.
Garden Centres used to be just that, a place where you bought plants, compoct, soil and everything of a gardening nature. Now they are shopping experiences in themselves. We went to the one in Ince Blundell this morning to get our free coffee for may, before the month ran out. Had a bit of a look round the gift shop first, then went for the coffee. It was absolutely heaving..mostly couples, a lot of older people, and pairs of friends or sisters etc. I certainly wouldn't mind shares in that business!
I bought a nice photo frame to put a picture of Jane that we have. It is one of the few where she is actually smiling. She hates having her photo taken and usually makes a face or hides, but this one is lovely. I also bought a blue bottle for the bathroom, where there is a very small display of blue glass on the shelf in front of the window.
Post arrived early today..that is quite newsworthy, since it normally comes at about lunchtime or after. Brought me a purchase from QVC, which VT made a comment about. Blow him, if I want to buy myself something I will. It is a nice pair of small gold hoop earrings I got to go with my gold chain that he bought me and is my favourite. I got them on Gold Day, so everything was on easy pay, and the cost is spread out over three months. Great company.
VT cleared out a cupboard in Janes room this afternoon, and found a jac ket of mine, which was really nice but vast. I had bought it from the Liz Claiborne shop when it was in the Cheshire Oaks, and they closed down many moons ago. So that will go to a Charity Shop. probably the Roy Castle one, they have good things in there. Shame though.
Tonight we are having:
lemon and Black Pepper Escalopes,
Little baked potatoes,
Carrots chanterey,
A bit of bread sauce.

No comments: