Tuesday 4 May 2010

Gorgeous Day..

Beautiful day today, a really lovely Spring day with the trees in blossom and and the shrubs and hedges greening up a treat. It was a pleasure to be out actually. Since we didn't go out for our veggies yesterday with it being a Bank Holiday, we had to go somewhere today. I thought we were going to ormskirk, but VT turned off to go on the Maghull road. I thought he was avoiding the roadworks, but when we got to Maghull he turned into the Morrisons carpark. I said Oh I thought we were going to Ormskirk. he looked at me as if I had jumped off another planet, then said No problem we can go there I'll just turn round.
Anyway we ended up in Ormskirk. I wanted to go to Holland and Barratt and there isn't one in Maghull. We had a good look round and I got another jumper from Bon Marche. £16 reduced to 13 then reduced to 12 then I had a bonus card with a five pounds off too so in the end it was £7. lovely jumper too in a fetching shade of pink..dead girly!!
Got our fishless fingers and meatfree pepperoni from Holland and Barratt,and went over to Superdrug to stock up on my anti wrinkle cream (That would be a miracle).
Went to our little cafe for our coffee, and there was a couple of older ladies on the next table with two plates of full English and a plate of really really big thick toast. talk about appetising! It was just shouting at me, but we stuck with our blue riband biscuits.
Morrisons for veggies, I love Morrisons, no pretention just good value. VT picked up another of their magazines for the coupon. there is a coupon in this months for a cup of coffee or tea and a cream scone for £1, so we have two now. I feel another trip to Morrisons cafe coming on. Actually their coffee is very good and served in proper cups and saucers not like Asda in plastic cups..hate that.
Tonight we are having:
Garlic Kiev
Cauliflower Cheese..I do that with a half packet of cheese sauce,
8oz of jersey Royals with butter buds.

No comments: