Friday 23 July 2010

Cyberspace!!!!!!

Pain in the neck!! it is.. I have just spent a halfhour typing the beginning of a letter to John and Ann in Australia when some box comes up on the middle of the screen and it all disappears!!!! Where does it go? i have no idea. it is all a beautiful mystery to me and so infuriating.I hadn't finished a page so I hadn't saved it. I know I should have done but you don't always remember. Shall have to start it again tomorrow.
We went into Formby this morning. Definitely a bit busier, suppose it is all the children being off. Spotted a few with Grannies and grandads. Easy childminders I suppose. i wish we had had Grandparents when Jane was growing up, the childcare was a nightmare, especially when she was ill.But we nmanaged in the end.
VT took the curtains to Johnsons to be dry cleaned, and was surprised that they were only £18. He had been quoted about £35. But, they had an offer of 25% off curtains at the moment which makes them quite good. It's a start to the room anyway.
We got our usual things in Waitrose. I still think they are an expensive shop, everything seem to be just that bit dearer than anywhere else, and I always come out of there having spent more than when I go to the other Supermarkets. We got some of the things that we can't get anywhere else though, and it is a quick trip there being the nearest supermarket to us actually. So we were home for coffee.
VT has been sorting out some of his paperwork this afternoon. It is quite interesting actually, he found a bill for the last carpet that we had fitted in the extension and it was £149..the new one we are having is about £189ish, so not much difference, especially since it has been down for around fifteen years! Good wearing carpet that one!
Tonight we are having:
A cheats tea..Pasties from Waitrose,
Maybe a few green beans for me anyway..
Raspberries and ice cream.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.